In order to truly give thanks, we have to understand that all true blessings come from God, the perfect giver of every good gift. Everything we have is from Him. Therefore it is my desire today to express my deepest gratitude to God for the following blessings:
1. I give God thanks for rescuing me from the power of darkness and placing me into the kingdom of His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ (Colossians 1:13).
2. I give God thanks for gracing me with an incredible wife, whom God knew would fit me well, and whom God knew I would fit well. (Proverbs 18:22).
3. I give God thanks for the blessed treasure of two children, whom God is sanctifying and using to be a blessing to others. (Psalm 127:3).
4. I give God thanks for the privilege of owning a copy of His Word. I realize this is a privilege most in church history have not had. It is His Word which continually shapes my thinking and my living…and I have a lot to learn (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
5. I give God thanks for putting me into the ministry, knowing that I have done nothing to deserve the privilege. (1 Timothy 1:12-13).
6. I give God thanks for the assembly of the saints whom God has called together to worship together, encourage one another, and serve together for the glory of God (Ephesians 4:12). I am thankful to God for Heritage Baptist Church.
There are many other daily blessings from God, but these stand out to me. It is a good thing to give thanks to the Lord. Root your thanksgiving in the grace, kindness, and love of our wonderful, awe-inspiring God.